All these activities are performed according to the GMP guidelines.
The different culture types proposed are:
- Suspension culture including:
- Small volume culture in Erlenmeyer using shaker and CO2 incubator,
- Large volume culture using single use bioreactor with continuous monitoring of culture conditions (CO2, PO2, pH, temperature, volume and medium adjustment). Single use bioreactors allow volume of culture of up to 25l. If perfusion is used, the culture volume can be equivalent to hundreds of litres.
- Static culture using various standard support, including flasks, hyperflask and cellstack.
Bio Elpida also proposes to develop the most appropriate culture technique for your project, either to improve culture conditions or to enhance the control of particular production parameters:
- Optimization and control of oxygenation conditions (O2 intake, CO2 or inerting if necessary),
- Optimisation of medium composition (hormones…),
- Optimisation of culture support,
- Co-culture in the presence of feeding cells,
- Culture on tissue matrices.